Letting go

Sometimes you have to let go of something to make room for something else. Sometimes the "letting go" isn't a choice you make but a decision made for you. And sometimes you make a mistake and let go without realizing what you've done.
I'm sure that's happened plenty of times in my life but the most recent is with my writing.
Years ago I started a blog, later I decided to move it to a different location and yesterday I decided to make a few changes.
Somehow I changed something that can't be changed back and lost all of my writing. No matter how I tried to "fix" it I wasn't able to retrieve my words.
So I'm letting go.
I'm believing that the God who created me and gave me the words will once again pour into me and create through me the messages that will encourage and inspire others.
So here we are, another new (actually old but renewed) blog. A fresh start. A do-over. I love that we get a second chance (and a third, fourth, whatever is needed) to do what we're called to do and be what we were created to be.
His mercies are new every morning and I'm so very grateful.
So if you're holding on to something and you know you need to let go, it's okay. You're not alone and by letting go you're opening your hands to receive something even better.
 Don't be afraid, you may be letting go but God will never let go of you.



Comments

Popular Posts