New Year, New Mercies

 




Well it's that time again, when we reflect on the past year and make plans for the next.

We set goals, make resolutions, choose our statements to live by or our "one word" to focus on.


And those are all good things. But what if the reflecting causes us to focus on the struggles, the pain, the disappointment? And what if despite all our "planning" things don't go as we'd hoped?


Grace.


God poured out His grace for us when He sent His only Son to rescue us.


It's that same grace that makes it possible to glance at our past - thankful for what God has brought us through and it's the same grace that gives us hope for the future.


Grace helps us look beyond what our eyes might see and accomplish more than we ever thought was possible.


Grace allows us to walk through hardships refined and encourages us to offer the same goodwill to our fellow man. When we operate according to the grace poured out to us we influence others to do the same.


Grace upon grace.


We can do nothing to earn it.


Grace is God's unmerited mercy towards us, His favor working in and through us.


Grace - how very sweet the sound. We breathe it in and exhale it out.


I'm so very thankful for His grace.

If you haven't guessed by now GRACE is my "one word" for the new year - it's in the title of my blog, engraved on my bracelet and written on my heart (as well as my new t-shirt!).


It's my reminder of how to live in the days, weeks and months ahead.

How about you friends? Do you have a word? A phrase? A scripture? A goal? A resolution?


Let's all encourage one another as we begin a new year! We could all use a little encouragement and A LOT of grace...

Comments

  1. Awesome word and encouragement of knowing His
    Grace is all Sufficient. My word is Focus. I want to give my best to each thing God is showing me. Not to have my thoughts be like a squirrel going many different directions. Studying Grace could be one of those things I will
    FOCUS on this year!! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts