Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Secrets once hidden- revealed and healed



So have no fear of them; for nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, or kept secret that will not become known.What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim upon the housetops.
Matthew 10:26-27
 
 
Secrets.
We all have them, big and small.



Those things that we’ve kept hidden in the dark places of our hearts and minds.

Sometimes so close to the surface, desperately wanting to escape but finding the dark more agreeable than the light.

Although some secrets we’ve hidden much deeper, just too painful, too grievous and therefore too burdensome to reveal.

Over time these secrets become strongholds as we devote so much of our time and energy keeping them hidden and losing sight of the truth about why we’ve hidden them in the first place.

Who are we trying to protect?

Who are we trying to save?

We become a prisoner to the truth when all the along the truth has the power to set us free.

Somewhere along the way we’ve bought into the lies that what we did or who we were was just too awful and if we reveal those secret things the truth will destroy us.

 

The TRUTH is that God wants to reveal those hidden things not to destroy us but to HEAL us.

 

 

For I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Phillippians 1:19-21

God desires to deliver us from the shame and guilt of our secrets by giving us the courage to reveal what is hidden in those dark places to bring healing not just for ourselves but for those who hear our testimonies.




Those secret things that the enemy intended to use to destroy our lives, will be used by God to give our lives purpose!



 

 



Thirty one years ago I made a decision that would forever change my life.

I made the decision to have an abortion.

The shame and grief too great, it became my secret, my prison.

I kept it hidden to protect myself and others.

It became a stronghold that the enemy used against me, always reminding me of what I had done.

Believing God couldn’t possibly have a plan for my life because of that decision, I chose to remain silent, but I will not be silenced again!

What Jesus did for me on that cross what ENOUGH to cover my sin, it was ENOUGH!

God does have a plan and a purpose for my life and I truly believe it is to lead other women out of those dark places, to reveal those hidden things and lead them to Jesus.

Beginning April 15th 2014, I will be leading (along with my dear friend Michelle) a ministry (a grow group) called Beauty for Ashes- Healing for the Abortion Wounded Heart.

It is my prayer that lives will never be the same!!!

If you’re interested in more information (for yourself or others) please contact us

Lanette Haskins lanetteh@live.com






Even if your life has never been touched by abortion will you please pray for this very needed ministry?


Proclaiming from the housetops, until all are healed!!! (Thank you Karen Ellison and all the amazing leaders at Deeper Stillwww.godeeperstill.org )

 



 

 


Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.


1 John 4:18



 

2 comments:

  1. It took a lot of courage to write this. I applaud you... God bless you as you minister to others in similar situations, whose secrets keep them in bondage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juli :) I'm just so in awe of God's grace that I want to share it with everyone!

      Delete