Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Sharing the small things- Making a BIG difference!





"It’s really not a matter of whether you have a story- you do. It’s a matter of what you’ll do with your story."
 

– Kaitlyn Bouchillon

 




 
 

Each of our lives is a unique story and written within those stories are chapters, some good, some bad, but it is what takes place within those chapters that molds and shapes us and develops our character.

 

While our stories include an array of characters - good and bad, make no mistake, all of our stories include a villain - the enemy of our souls who comes to steal, kill and destroy us.

 

And just like all the greatest adventures ever told, our stories also include a Hero - our Savior, who rescued us by giving His own life, so that we might live.

 

There is a beginning, a middle and an end, which is not The End but truly only The Beginning!

 

It is when we share our stories that others begin to believe that they have a story, and a Savior and hope of a future they had only once dreamed…

 

Sharing your story may seem like a small thing to you but could be a life changing event for someone else. Your story could make a BIG difference in the lives of others and isn't that what we all long to do?

 

Your story is uniquely significant to another, so never miss an opportunity to share what Jesus has done for you, the mess He saved you from and the great love He poured out for you!



 




 


"Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see."
 

-C. S. Lewis
 




 
 

I’m linking up today with Holley Gerth at Coffee for Your Heart







 

8 comments:

  1. What an encouragement! I have always thought my "story" wasn't important enough, or sensational enough to share. You are right we all have a story to tell and perhaps I will give it a shot and share mine. thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your story is uniquely yours and that's what makes it important! Someone will relate, someone will be encouraged and through their encouragement you'll be encouraged as well!
      Just like I'm encouraged by your kind words :)

      Delete
  2. You are so right. I have been more than blessed and even healed by women who are simply brave enough to tell the truth about their pasts. Why do we keep secrets? I'm determined to reveal all my secrets that I have kept hidden in the past. If God is for me who can be against me? (lauraconnell.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Laura! I'm starting a new ministry at our church for women with Abortion Wounded Hearts. It wasn't something that was easy to publicly share but I felt strongly that I needed to tell my story so that others could know that they were not alone and so they could be healed!
      Yes, If God is for us who can be against us!!!
      I'm excited for you and the women that will hear your testimony!!
      God will bring great blessings on you all :)

      Delete
  3. You're right, even if our story seems insignificant and small to us, it could mean the world to someone else! We each have a story and it's worth sharing. Thank you for this encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's all worth sharing, the good, the bad, the ugly and the insignificant!
      Thank you for encouraging me Alecia :)

      Delete
  4. Telling your story is the small thing that makes a big difference...and sometimes our story seems so "silly" or strange from others...i'm always surprised when i share my story how it relates to others and brings me out of thinking that my experience was isolated...God does direct us many times to share our story with someone who has a similar one and its amazing to see the closeness that comes ...thanks for the reminder !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've had the same thing happen, shared a part of my story with someone and immediately found that we were connected and encouraged by each other. Love how God does that!
      Thanks for stopping by Summer :)

      Delete