Wednesday, March 12, 2014

He Is Enough!


"I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise, it is almost like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than Him."
C.S. Lewis
 
If I’m holding onto my sin and I’m saying that I’ve done too much to be forgiven or to forgive myself then what I’m also saying is that Jesus didn’t do enough to pay for my sin, that He should have done more!



I hope you’re gasping, emphatically shaking your head and holding your heart, saying "No! It was enough! It was enough! What Jesus did for me was enough!!!"

That was my response (although there were also tears) when I was asked the questions, Was your sin too great? Could Jesus have done more? Should He have done more?

I was devastated at the thought that I was suggesting that my sin was too great for Jesus to take away, that giving His precious life was not enough, but that’s exactly what we’re saying when we refuse to believe that our sins are forgiven or when we refuse to forgive ourselves.



There is nothing more that Jesus needed to do to pay for our sins. There is no greater sacrifice that He could have made.



NOPE.

NOTHING.



To suggest anything else is to refuse the gift that He so freely offers to EVERYONE.



Maybe it’s not your own sin that you’re holding onto but someone else’s and the same applies.

If you choose not to forgive them then what you’re saying is that Jesus didn’t do enough to cover the sins committed against you.



JESUS is enough! He is enough!

 


1 Peter 2:24

"He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; "by his wounds you have been healed."
 

Let go and let Him redeem you, restore you and renew you. Let Him reveal the truth to you about who you are, not according to what you’ve done, but according to what He’s done!

 


Friend, Jesus did enough, He gave enough, He is enough.

 

Ephesians 1:7

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace



I'm linking up with Holley Gerth today at Coffee for Your Heart
 


6 comments:

  1. So true words. When I think about it in those terms, that Jesus already forgave my sins with his life, then I have to let it go. Thanks for the inspirational words today. I found you by way of Holley Gerth link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think letting go is the hardest step...thanks for your encouraging words, glad you found me :)

      Delete
  2. This message that Jesus' sacrifice is more than enough can never ever be overstated! Thank you for reminding me here that Jesus did enough, He gave enough, He is enough! Visiting from Holley's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for stopping by and encouraging me with your comments! I need to visit Holley's page today and be encouraged by the other ladies, including you!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! What an awesome reminder that everything Jesus did is and WILL always be enough!

    ReplyDelete