Friday, February 21, 2014

Looking for LOVE in all the wrong places...


"Though our feelings come and go, God's love for us does not."
-C.S. Lewis
 
 
 
There were many times in my life that I felt unloved, unwanted, and without purpose.
 
It was during those times that I began looking for something that I wouldn’t find, and attempting to fill an emptiness that wouldn’t be filled.
I was desperate to feel the love of someone who would fight for me, someone who would choose me above all others!
 
But I wouldn’t find what I was looking for in the places or from the people that I was seeking it, I would only find this magnitude of love and acceptance from the ONE who not only would fight for me, but the only ONE who would choose to die for me.
 
His love is what I so desperately sought, because He was and is the only ONE who can meet my every need and fill an emptiness that no one else can fill.

There are certainly people that God places in our lives to love us, and to meet some of our needs but we put unnecessary pressure on those we love when we expect them to meet needs that only God can meet.

I am well loved by my wonderful husband, children, grandbabies, family and friends and I thank God for each of them but I am desperate for the love of Jesus who loves me like no other could!

And He loves you too!

It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or how far you’ve strayed. You don’t have to do anything to earn His love or get "right" before you come to Him. Come to Him just as you are, give Him your heart, your life, no matter how messy it is and let Him love you the way you so desperately desire to be loved!

It’s His love that you are seeking and will only find through Him!

Trust me friend, I’ve been there…

Choose Jesus, He’s already chosen you!
 
 
"God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus. "
-Max Lucado


 

No comments:

Post a Comment