Wednesday, January 29, 2014

You Are Not Alone!

I have a confession.

I'm forty six years old and I'm still a little bit afraid of the dark...Ok, let's be real here, if I'm walking up the basement stairs and it's dark I can only get half way up before I'm convinced that something or someone is behind me or under the stairs and I can't stop myself from running the rest of the way up!
There, I said it.
I'm a grown woman and a Christian and I still allow fear to control certain areas of my life.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
 
 
Not only do I know this verse, but I try to encourage others with these words when they struggle with their own fears and I even speak them out loud when I'm fearful but what I most often fail to remember is this...
 
I. Am. Not. Alone.
 
But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 1 John 4:4
 
 
He who lives in me is greater than he who lives in this world. I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, I've received the Holy Spirit and therefore I am never alone!
 
I don't have to fear, worry, or doubt! I can be confident in God's word.
 
I purposefully do not watch scary movies.
I try to stay aware from anything that clearly goes against God's word and while some things are blatantly satanic, others are subtle, enticing and alluring. I could easily be deceived into believing that they're ok but because I'm not alone I don't have to be deceived. I have a Wonderful Counselor with me always who stirs my spirit and reveals the truth, if I will only listen.
 
You. Are. Not. Alone.
 
Don't give in to the lies of the enemy, don't live according to fear, don't worry or doubt what the future holds, don't live this life thinking that you are all alone because if you've received Jesus as your Savior then you will never be alone!
And if you haven't received Him yet, all it takes are a few simple words...
Jesus I'm sorry please forgive, please come into my heart and please help me to follow you.
 
Sometimes we just need a little reminder that we're not alone in this world, but that we have a constant companion who will never leave us or forsake us.

I needed to remind myself that I don't have to fear, I'm not alone. 
FEARLESS. That's my word for the year, and once I again how I'm choosing to live!

Remember, you're not alone, so don't be afraid, be fearless!


What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”Ralph Waldo Emerson

 
 
 
I'm linking up with Holley Gerth's Coffee for Your Heart series on Wednesdays, or go to holleygerth.com please join us! Click HERE or go to www.holleygerth.com for more encouraging words!


9 comments:

  1. Hey there... I am visiting from Holley's place today and am so happy we are enjoying a bit of coffee together! I am so with you on the scary movies thing... I can't even handle the commercials! I don't need any added help with my imaginations that can so easily entertain fear!

    Great post! Great truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karrilee! I know, when a scary commercial comes on I plug my ears, close my eyes and yell, "TURN IT, TURN IT, TURN IT!!!" even if I'm the one who has the remote, lol. Everyone is in a huge panic to find it, sometimes the commercial is over before we do! haha
      I'm with you I don't need any help with my imagination!
      Thanks for stopping by, I'm gonna hop over and read your post :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanette,

    I'm FINALLY getting around to replying to my Argentina post, and I so appreciate your encouragement to me--so much so, I popped over to tell you! This post is so true, that fear is real...but it needn't be (most of the time; sometimes there ARE healthy fears!!). I've advised my children, once they were older, that any important decision made from a position of fear is a poor one; I know that's not quite what you're talking about, but it's where my mind went :).

    Yours is an encouraging voice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Robin! Your words, "any important decision made from a position of fear is a poor one" speaks to me now, so thank you for sharing!
      I absolutely love being able to connect with so many incredible women, that certainly includes you!
      Loved meeting you at Allume, so hopeful that we have an opportunity to meet again, and share more!
      Thanks for your encouragement Robin!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the reminder that we’re not alone! So glad you linked up with Coffee for Your Heart this week! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holley! So incredibly blessed to be able to "link up" with you and so many other amazing women!
      I don't know if you truly realize what a blessing you are to soooo many!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I love this post, fear so easy to forget about and yet it can take control of our life! Please check out my blog, anchoredbychrist.blogspot.com thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Love your blog, beautiful words and pictures :) and thanks for the follow!

      Delete