Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Year of Living Fearlessly





 
Most of us at some point in our lives, have had a passion or desire that has gone unfulfilled as we continually allow fear to diffuse our dreams and allow doubts to settle in and sabotage our future.


Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of change.

fear

Fear


FEAR

 

It is fear that most often holds us back from doing what God has called us to do.

I’ve struggled with those fears too and over and over again I had doubted that I could be who I desired to be or that I could do what I had always dreamed of doing…until recently.

Something changed.

Something was different.

I wanted it badly enough to push past fear and step out in faith and I was encouraged by others to believe that it was possible.

I had to let go of all the lies that I had believed, of all the doubts that I had held onto and be brave enough to take some risks.


This new year in lieu of a lengthy lists of to do’s and not to do’s, I joined a multitude of others in choosing just ONEWORD, one way to be encouraged to live my life throughout 2014.

My word…

 
FEARLESS

 
fear·less
: not afraid : very brave

:free from fear : brave


One word.

Endless possibilities.

Just one word to remind me to move forward in faith, encouraging me to live fearlessly.

 
en·cour·age
: to make (someone) more determined, hopeful, or confident

: to inspire with courage, spirit, or hope


 
It is my sincere hope that you will live courageously, confident in the gifts that God knit in you, determined not to be afraid.
Be brave.

Be FEARLESS.

 
 
Joshua 1:9

New Living Translation (NLT)

This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."






I am linking up today with Holley and joining Coffee for Your Heart – 2014 Encouragement Challenge. Join us each Wednesday as we dish out some love to one another. - See more at: http://therichesofhislove.com/?p=1679#sthash.ZLYbnu5J.dpuf
 

14 comments:

  1. I too have struggled with fear and find that when I face it head-on and push through that God will meet me in ways I never expected. I love your word for this year. May you be fearless in all you do for God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I pray the same for you:)
      Loved your post today too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up today with Coffee for Your Heart, friend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied from my phone but not sure it went through...I'm so thankful for the opportunity to share my heart with other women, my hope is to encourage them as I've been encouraged! Thanks so much Holley for allowing God to use you to open the door for so many of us to follow our dreams <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the sweet encouragement to be fearless. May God continue to bless your ministry in writing.
    (Visiting from Coffee for Your Heart today)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pat! May God bless you too!!!

      Delete
  4. Ahh!! The way God intertwines people and words for His glory; never ceases to amaze me. My word for the year BRAVE. A few years ago when my family and I were making some BIG life choices Joshua 1:9 was the words we clinged to. I can't wait to follow along this year and see where fearless takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that! And I agree, can't wait to see where He takes both of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lanette,
    Thank you for the encouraging words. Today, at service, I spoke that debilitating word, fear. A couple of months ago, I was invited to be part of the children's ministries and today once again, a friend of mine suggested I join. As I walked up for prayer, the words from my mouth were that I was afraid of failing at God's work. You have encouraged me more than you know. If I am fit or not, fear will not be the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beatriz,
    Thank you for your encouraging words!
    If God is calling you to Children's ministry He will equip you (no need to worry if you're "fit or not") to do His will and His work. Think about all the"unfit" servants God has used throughout the bible! We're in good company!
    It's when I've trusted Him to give me what I needed to do what He's called me to do, instead of trying to do it in my own strength, that I've had the most peace and have seen the greatest results.
    Praying He makes it abundantly clear all that He is calling you to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your encouraging words Lanette. Pushing forward despite our fears into greater courage. So hard to do but so worth the risk it takes. Praying this year will hold those "fearless" moments for you! ~Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Victoria! You're so right, pushing past our fear increases our courage for the next step! Praying you're blessed in your next step whatever that may be!

      Delete
  9. Thank you Lanette for your encouragement to live fearless this year. Oh I needed that so much. I just "happened" upon your blog but I will return. Thank you so much. You have encouraged my heart. Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen you've encouraged me! So glad you came :)

      Delete