Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My God-Sized Dream

"A dream is a wish your heart makes
when you're feeling small
Alone, in the night you whisper,
thinking no one can hear you at all"
- Disney’s Cinderella
 
 
My dream?

For the last couple of years I have jokingly asked my husband if I could quit my job and start a blog. I was mimicking a commercial where a husband casually mentions quitting his job to start a blog as his wife quickly says no and of course my husband’s answer was also always no. It wasn’t that he didn’t want me to do something that I loved to do or that he didn’t want me to succeed but realistically I needed to have a full-time paying job.

 

I’ve always had a love of writing and storytelling and all things artsy (which is probably why I still love Disney movies) but to call myself an artist or a writer, well I just couldn’t.

I mean, I didn’t have the right credentials. I didn’t take college classes; I didn’t have a degree to prove that I was either of those things.

 

And yet I continued to paint and write and dream

 

I could imagine myself as an artist sitting in my studio, painting all day or at a gallery opening with my art on display for all to see. I could envision myself as a writer, sitting with my laptop, pouring out my heart through my words as a contributing writer for a well known ministry, getting published and becoming a best selling author.

I could imagine it, I could dream it but could I believe it?


For the longest time the answer to that question was emphatically no!
Of course not!

Who am I?

I’m a nobody, just a small town girl with a painful past.

 

That is until these words spoke to me deep within my heart…

 

Psalm 139:13-14
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

God created me as an artist and a writer, before He formed me in my mother’s womb, as He knit those unique gifts and talents in me!

While I don’t know the plans that God has for me, I do know that He has a plan and it’s to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me hope and a future!

I will trust Him with my dreams and I will believe that I can do ALL things through Him, especially the BIG God-Sized Dreams!

What about your dream?


I'm linking up with God-Sized Dreamers
http://godsizeddreams.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/GSDlinkupimage.jpg


6 comments:

  1. So now you've got me curious. . . what will be your next step into who God's made you to be?? Glad to link up with you from godsizeddreams.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurie- glad to link up with you too!
    Well first of all, I'm committing to "linking up" here and on Holley Gerth's Wednesday link up, Coffee for Your Heart. I have something that I'm writing for a ministry called BRAVELOVE, I'm currently signed up for Compel training (through Proverbs 31 Ministries) and I have about one paragraph written for my book (lol, it's a start, right?)
    As far as the art, I would love to find a way to incorporate that, I'll have to see where the Lord leads me with that. I do have a full time job as an Assistant Publicist for a publishing company and I'm a wife, mom and grammy...whew!
    How about you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your ministry name BRAVELOVE. We serve such a creative God it does not shock me at all that you are both an artist and writer :) I am signed up for the Compel Training and have yet to attend a class. YOU WAY AHEAD of me. I am so glad you linked up. I can't wait to see your story unfold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Delonna! Actually I'm submitting a story to a ministry called BRAVELOVE (I can't be sure they'll use it but I hope so) I was encouraged by Jennie Allen (a speaker and author of RESTLESS) to submit my adoption story to them but there is sooo much more to the story, so we'll see. If God wants it to be, it will be.
      I'm behind in the Compel training and actually at one point I had to take a day to get caught up (and will probably have to do that again!) but I am learning a lot!

      Delete
  4. YAY Lanette!!! Go, girl!! Look at you - stepping out in all those brave ways!! Those are big - because each one is a time God called and you said, "YES!" Keep going! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christine! Can't wait to see where He takes me :)

    ReplyDelete