Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What I've Learned in the Waiting

So often we want what we want and we want it now! (As I ponder this statement the scene from Willy Wonka with the bratty girl demanding "I WANT IT NOW!!!" plays out in my mind.)

We want things to happen quickly, and usually without much effort.

We want the miraculous and sometimes that’s what we get, but sometimes there is waiting.

Cue the dramatic music.

DUN, DUN, DUNNNN.

I know, believe me, I know. Sometimes waiting is difficult, sometimes it’s hurts and sometimes we want to give up.

But it’s in the waiting that we develop strength. We learn what we’re capable of and it’s usually much more than we ever thought was possible.

In the waiting our character is developed, and we become more like the person that we were created to be.

It’s in the waiting that God takes our fears and fills us with hope, faith and determination.

Think of it in these terms; what if the reason God isn’t giving in to our demands and putting us in positions that we WANT RIGHT NOW, is because He hasn’t fully prepared us yet.

What if we’re not finished with the test?

What if we haven’t learned enough to accomplish what He’s prepared for us to do?

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 

I’m sure if we were to look back over our lives we would see many times, many signs where God was preparing us for where we are right now.

I hope that the wait isn’t over.

I hope that He is continually preparing me for ALL the plans and promises He has for me.

 
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NLT)

That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."

 
We serve an amazing God who knows exactly what is best for us and His timing is perfect!

I’m thankful for the wait.

I’m thankful for the tests.

I’m thankful that God has me right where He wants me.

4 comments:

  1. Great post about waiting. Love the ending. I'm thankful for the wait. I'm thankful for the tests. I'm thankful that God has me right where He wants me.

    ...

    And I'm thankful we connected on FB so I could read your post.

    Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cheryl!
      Happy 4th to you too!!!

      Delete
  2. Waiting is HARD, but as you've pointed out so beautifully Lanette, God is working while we are waiting. And why would we want to rush His perfect plans for us? I'm so happy to know that you're waiting period is over in one season of your life :D
    Bless you friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Caryn, especially for all your prayers and encouragement! You're such a blessing!!!

      Delete